Pages

December 28, 2011

CHRISTMAS

We had a full apartment this Christmas, my sister Annie stayed with us and Michelle did as well for some of the time.  My brother mic stayed with Adrea so it was all of us siblings together (Michelle is practically a sibling).  Me and Michelle decided to make Christmas Terrariums (I didn't think of this myself) and instead of buying little fake christmas trees at Michael's, Michelle had the idea to gather pinecones and little naturey things outside,  and cover them in glitter and such.  I like how they turned out, but I don't think we'll be able to keep them for next year since they won't package very well (no lids).


 Here's how they turned out:

For Christmas eve, we did our young tradition of making sushi, and it was yummies.  I added in Miso soup and cream cheese wontons to the menu this year, and after we were done I had bananas to get rid of and a bunch of left over wonton wrappers so I improvised and made little fried banana bites.  I thought they were just as good as the fried bananas you get at PF Changs, and really easy to make.  We had them with honey and ice cream obvi.


Since we don't have kids yet, we live vicariously through my sister and her two boys (you may have already noticed this by now...).  After Seth and I had our own little gift exchange at home (which included globes & old fashioned shaving kit for Seth, and two adorable sweaters I've been coveting for me, and lots of awesome gifts from the most amazing in laws evah) we went over to Adrea and did our gift exchange and watched the boys open their presents.  I made Henry a book of all of his little adventures over the year, including all the pictures I took of him and some he took himself.


Dinner was also a full success.  Adrea made pork which is usually not my favorite, but it was delicious, accompanied with some mashed potatoes, brussel sprouts, roasted carrots with goat cheese, and salad.  Kaila and her family came up to spend it with us and she brought gluten free rolls which are very yummy.  After dinner we made a Buche De Noel, or a Yule Log.  Even though it is gluten free, it's a bit too much frosting for my taste.


I hope everyone had a merry christmas and now we are going to Chicago to celebrate our anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment