Pages

May 29, 2010

Update

I don't have any new pictures for you today and when I realized it will be a while before I do I thought maybe I should give you an update on things. First though, the reason I don't have any pictures is because I haven't had the time to sort through, edit and post them. It's not that we've been so busy everyday that there isn't a minute to spare, but all of our free time is spent on our etsy shop. Sometimes we get behind, and then we have so much to do that we have to spend a whole day catching up. Once our conversations got up to 50, 50! I thought I'd never get through them. We've even lost some clients because we didn't get back to them in time, bummer.

But the shop is doing great so I can't complain, we wouldn't be here if it wasn't for that. A couple of months ago we were asked by one of the editors of Martha Stewart magazines to send in a few samples to be photographed for the June issue of Martha Stewart Weddings magazine! We were so excited, obviously, so seth got it in gear and made the record invite that has brought us so much business. He had the idea for a while and we finally got around to making it. It has been featured a lot and gets more hearts than any other item (though it doesn't sell as much because it's a bit pricey). So we sent it in, and find out a few days ago that we're going to be on the show, !!! We just happened to be on the website and saw we'd be on the show the very next day. One of the editors was showing Martha some etsy wedding finds and she showed the record and said, isn't that cute? And Martha said, very. Ha! Anyway we will be in the magazine too so if you don't want to buy it just look at it while your in line to get groceries. It's all about DIY, Do it Yourself.

So we are now in Switzerland, our first day here. The train ride here was magical (pardon the cheesiness) it was so green. We went from Amsterdam to Frankfurt and then to Bern. Towards the end of the trip I would see green hills sprinkled with houses, and in the center a cute little church. I want seth to do an illustration of it, how cute would that be? Germany looked really cool, I wish we could have stopped there. But I will give you all the details later when I have pictures to show for it. We've had some ups and downs on this trip, Amsterdam wasn't so great, we didn't like it very much, and we're not sure how much we're going to do while we're here in switzerland since it costs so much (I don't have any complaints about Paris, that trip was perfection and I already miss it so much) but even though it's been hard and very stressful at points, so much so that we often wished we had gone with our original plan to go to russia and then paris and then home, but this trip has been amazing because of the time seth and I get to be together. This is going to sound cheesy as hell but, it's like we have fallen in love all over again.

This last semester was not a good one for us, like I've mentioned before. We didn't get very much time together, and that has been by far the most amazing thing about this trip, is how much we get to be together, not just sitting by each other on our laptops doing our own thing, but really together. It has strengthened our relationship and marriage in so many ways.

There are days when I'm disappointed because we didn't do what I had planned for that day, and we get lazy and spend the day in our apartment instead of going out and seeing things. But as I told seth, the best most important times are the times that we're just together, whether we're in front of the Eiffel tower or still in bed.

I think today we'll take it easy, and who knows maybe I'll get around to finishing up my posts about Russia. I took the most pictures here and that's why it's taking so long to get through them! But don't loose faith in me dear friends, someday they will all be posted and you'll know more than you ever wanted to know about this crazy trip.

1 comment:

  1. We miss you guys and enjoy reading your posts even if there aren't any pictures. It's still fun to hear about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete